Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Worst Songs Ever: Stick Stickly by Attack Attack!


Photobucket

Good Lord, I don’t even know where to start. Ok…here goes…

Attack Attack is apparently a Christian screamo band that employs auto-tune to help enhance their soul-killing efficiency. This is the only song of theirs that I’ve heard and that’s the way it’s going to stay. Their new song seems to be about Jesus, but it’s named after a Nickelodeon popsicle-stick mascot from the 90’s. There’s also the possibility that this is all some kind of elaborate joke. We can’t really rule that out.

Remember this guy? Neither do I.

I guess this video has become somewhat of a sensation that has provoked the formation of a new “scene” known as “crabcore” wherein musicians hold their guitars in a manner that can only be described as completely idiotic and impractical. I’m not really sure what my favorite part of this video is, though the hot club beats that emerge at the 2:40 mark are undeniably the centerpiece of the work. I’m also rather fond of the “whoo!” at :57, which is accompanied by a spirited little behind-the-head guitar flourish.

To make this whole thing even stranger, there are actually two crummy bands named Attack Attack. (This one is called Attack Attack! While the other is called Attack! Attack!). The other Attack! Attack! sounds like the Gin Blossoms for the Fall Out Boy generation, but I guess they still win by default. Anyway, this whole affair has killed my ability to feel love, so I’m going to wrap this up. At least they’re better than Brokencyde. Jesus, have things gotten so bad, that I’ve resorted to comparing things favorably to Brokencyde? I need a drink.

This is still worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment